- Ohio 4H Youth Development offers resources for 4H Members as well as 4H Volunteers.
- Project Central is an easy way for 4-H members and project helpers to preview Ohio 4-H project books and resources. Take a closer look at a book, find out what others have to say, and share your experiences.
Welcome to the NEW fair entry system. https://fairentry.com/Fair/SignIn/14082
All projects will be entered through this system for exhibition at the 2019 Gallia County Junior Fair. With time and patience, we hope you find this new system beneficial to all parties. Please follow all on-screen directions and feel free to contact the Extension Office with any questions at 740-446-7007. Once all entries are complete you will receive a confirmation email for your records.
- This system is replacing the Fair Entry Form completed in previous years.
- Gallia County Fair Entry Help Sheet and Fair Entry Exhibitor Login Flow Chart
- Here is a link to a video demonstrating the entry process. Entry Process for Families and how to log in to FairEntry with 4HOnline
- 2020 Gallia County Junior Fair Forms are also available. 2020 Gallia County Junior Fair Entry Form- Due July 1, 2020 and 2020 Gallia County Junior Fair Project List to choose your fair entries
- 2020 Gallia County Junior Fair Book
2020 Gallia County Bee Association Youth Hive Program Available
The Gallia County Bee Association is ready to roll out their Youth Hive Program!
See the Youth Hive Scholarship Application in this LINK.
· To support and encourage young beekeepers by providing experienced practical support and reducing the expenses required to get started in beekeeping.
· To educate youth in the art of beekeeping and to promote a better understanding of the value of honeybees to our environment.
· To provide an opportunity for youth to experience responsibility and enjoyment through beekeeping.
· To gain visibility to a new and vital audience and increase positive community involvement of the next generation of beekeepers.
· Be between that ages of 12 and 18 by January 1st.
· Be a resident of Gallia County
· Be enrolled in public, private, or home school and be in grades 7 through 12.
· Have permission and agreement from parent or guardian.
· Be actively involved with 4-H and the beekeeping project.
· Completed applications are due by February 29th, 2020
o Applications can be submitted in person to club officers or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
· The committee will be selected by the club. The selection committee will carefully consider each candidate and select finalists. The finalists will be selected by the committee by the March meeting.
· One applicant will be selected in 2020.
• The recipient is expected to attend all GCBA meetings. A brief 3-5 minute presentation on the status of their hive will be made.
· The recipients is expected to remain in contact with their club provided mentor.
· The youth is expected to provide their own suit, veil, gloves, hive tool, smoker and any other necessary beekeeping equipment. GCBA can help with finding discounts or used equipment to help reduce costs.
· Participate in 4-H and the Beekeeping Project at the Gallia County Junior Fair.
The selected Hive Donation recipients will receive:
· A One-year family membership in the Gallia County Beekeepers Association
· Woodware for one complete hive.
o 1 bottom board
o 3 Eight frame medium boxes
o 24 frames
o 1 inner cover
o 1 outer cover
o 1 shim
· 1 nucleus hive, including bees, brood, pollen and honey
Questions or comments about the program can be directed to Chris Blank at email@example.com Thank you for your interest in beekeeping and we look forward to reviewing your application.
Gallia County Junior Fair Judging Schedule
Demonstrations - Can be entered with your Fair Entry Projects The Gallia County Junior Fair Log In or call the Extension Office to Sign Up
|FRIDAY , July 10, 2020|
Food, Woodworking, Cats & Pocket Pets Schedule At the Extension Office
|WEDNESDAY, July 8, 2020|
ALL CLOTHING and General Non Livestock Judging Schedule AT BOSSARD MEMORIAL LIBRARY, 7 SPRUCE ST, GALLIPOLIS, OHIO
|FRIDAY ,July 10 2020|
|Fair Check In Day - Fair Newsletter||Sunday, aUG 2, 2020|