This three-day conference provides an opportunity for all Extension professionals to:
- Share and broaden their knowledge of the scholarship of Extension work and university research.
- Build relationships between Extension professionals and university colleagues to foster expanded applied research opportunities.
- Foster dialogue and innovative thinking among OSU Extension and academic unit-based colleagues.
This year’s conference will feature:
- Nationally known keynote speakers
- Interactive sessions on the future
- Concurrent sessions featuring best practices and Extension scholarship
- Poster exhibits featuring innovative programming and cutting‒edge research
- Recognition of outstanding work of Extension colleagues and community partners
- Celebration of the 100-year history of OSU Extension
The event will be held at the Ohio Union, 1739 North High Street, Columbus campus.
Check out additional updates via Facebook and Twitter. Information to link to these resources will be available soon. To celebrate our 100th year, we are asking teams to share their "100" team photo. Think O-H-I-O, but in a 100 formation. We look forward to highlighting your team. Photos can be sent to Andrea Bowlin (email@example.com)
Extension Annual Conference Attendance
All Extension professionals are encouraged to attend this year’s Annual Conference. As in the past, Extension Administrative Cabinet has agreed that county offices may choose how to handle their office hours during that day. Options include: 1) closing the office for the day with a sign indicating that everyone is participating in the annual conference and recognition event, and that the office will reopen on December 12 (remember to change your voice mail or answering machine message also); 2) utilizing volunteers to keep the office open; 3) using students who are home from college to keep the office open; or 4) using a temp agency or temporary employee to assist during this event.
“In these times of change throughout our organization, we all benefit from attending the conference and comparing notes with our peers – and this conference is designed to be an all-inclusive meeting. Every Extension employee is important to this organization, and I believe it is valuable to have all of us learning together when possible. We are all working together for the good of the organization and I look forward to seeing everyone at this year’s conference!”
-Dr. Keith Smith, director, OSU Extension
More information is available online.