NOW IS THE TIME TO RECRUIT CLUB VOLUNTEERS!
If you have parents or others interested in becoming a 4-H volunteer, have them download an application from the Extension website or they can stop by the office for a new volunteer packet starting October 15.
- Volunteer Application Form (on-line form)
- Printable Volunteer Application Form for Gallia County Volunteers
- 2021 4H Volunteer Newsletter
Thinking of starting a New 4-H Club? Here are the steps:
- A new club must have at least 5 members from 3 different families.
- Must have a pre-approved club name, approval is granted by the Extension office.
- The club will need to apply for a club EIN and sign a club constitution.
- The club will need to develop by-laws; these are "club rules" which include: attendance policy, officer duties, parent participation, member participation, expected behavior, etc.
- The club will need to open a club checking account.
Advisors must complete club paperwork and approval process by March 1 .
Typically, clubs begin meeting in January & February with 4-H enrollment due March 15, 2021. The process sounds complicated, but 4-H staff are here to support you through each step. If you have questions, please call the Extension office at 740-446-7007 .