Meigs County Extension is offering the Testing for a Private Applicator on May 7, 2015 at 1 pm.
A private applicator applies restricted-use pesticides on his/her own land, or rented land, and produces an agricultural commodity.
Steps to get a Private Applicator License
1. Obtain study materials from your OSU Extension county office. You can also download some of the materials on the Private Applicator Study Materials page. - NOTE: Please be sure to call your local OSU Extension office before stopping by. This allows the office to make sure they have the materials on hand for when you stop in.
2. Study the recommended materials for Core and each category needed on your license. All new applicators must take Core, and at least one category exam to obtain a license.
3. Send in a completed application form (click for downloadable pdf)and $30 license fee to ODA.
4. Register with the Ohio Department of Agriculture for an exam date and location, register online or by calling the ODA, Pesticide Division at 614-728-6987. (Because of limited space, you may not be able to take the exam if not pre-registered).
5. ODA will mail your test results (and a license application form if you have not already sent one).
6. If not already done, send in the completed application form and $30 license fee to ODA. If you need to retake an exam, there are no additional charges.
$30 License Fees should be paid to:
Ohio Department of Agriculture
8995 E. Main St.
Reynoldsburg, OH 43068-3399
Phone: 614-728-6987 or 800-282-1955.