4-H Members and Advisors
The Gallia County Fairboard proposed and passed some changes to the Quality Assurance this year:
- All Poultry, Miniature/Pet/Companion Goat and Rabbit exhibitors will need to attend or test out of QA.
- Members, if you plan to exhibit any market animals or any of the ones mentioned above to the 2016 Gallia County Jr. fair you will need to attend or test out of QA:
- QA Training will be held April 16th at the Gallia County Fairgrounds from 8am-11am. The last group will be allowed to start the station training at 11AM so please plan accordingly. Training will take about one hour and all groups will be assigned first come first serve. Please note: parents of first time exhibitors are encouraged to attend the training with the exhibitor.
- Any exhibitor 12-14 years old (As of Jan. 1st) may take the optional one year QA test out. While any exhibitor 15-18 years old, may take the permanent test out option.
- Testing is offered daily at the Gallia County Extension Office between 8:30 AM and 3:30 PM. All tests must be completed by July 1st!
- Failure to pass the test will result in attending QA training. So we encourage those who test to take it early before our QA training here in the county! Study packets are available and encouraged!