2022 Fair INFORMATION Letter
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Club Passes - Your club advisor will have your fair pass if:
- you enrolled in Fair Entry,
- completed a general project, had it judged and gave it to your advisor for display
- or gave your advisor something to be displayed (animal projects/pictures/crafts) in your club booth at the Gallia County Fair. Please check with your advisor to see what they need for the club display.
Each pass is labeled with the member’s name and is good for use only by that member. If you did not get your general project judged or you are no longer bringing your animal to the fair, you will only receive a fair pass if you bring something to display in your club booth, like an educational poster (see above).
For Cloverbuds – Their exhibit can be artwork/crafts or pictures of them, check with your advisor to see what they want to exhibit.
Parents - Activity Building Help: We still need volunteers to help man the Activity Building during the week of the Fair. This can be parents or even older teens 16+). Please call the Extension office for a list of open slots. 740-446-7007
FAIR CHECK IN for SUNDAY July 31st
Please setup animal pens and bring in show boxes, etc. on Saturday, July 30th so on Sunday the line moves fast! Sunday should be to drop off animals only and then move your vehicle to the parking areas.
There will be a barn meeting in the show ring at 4:30 pm for all market exhibitors. Instructions on which scales to use, and times will be announced there.
Hog Check In - 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM hogs will be weighed off the trailers. All Hogs should come in Gate 3, proceed to the unloading area behind sheep barn, and then go to scales. Exhibitor/parent take hogs to scales while the trailers pull out and leave through GATE 4.
- DUNF forms will be electronic this year, so please be prepared to fill your form out as your hog crosses the scales. Parents must sign the form if the exhibitor is under 18! For DUNF forms you can use smart phones, or we will have iPads available.
- Hog Sale is Friday 9:00 AM at the Show Arena.
Goats check in – 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM goats will go directly to their stall. The vet will check miniature goats on a walk through once they are checked into their pen. Market goats will be checked as they cross the scales. All Goats must have a scrapie tag or tattoo.
- Market goat scrapie tags will be checked at weigh-in
- Miniature goat scrapie tag numbers need to be recorded. Tattooed scrapie numbers need listed on the stall card hanging on the pen.
- All Goats should come in GATE 1 out GATE 4.
- DUNF forms are electronic this year and can be filled out online when you arrive at the fairgrounds. We will have iPads if needed or you can use a smart phone. Parents must sign the DUNF if the exhibitor is under 18.
- Goat Sale is Saturday at 11:15 AM at the Show Arena.
- Miniature Goat awards are given out at the Holzer Awards and Friday at 5:00 PM. All 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place winners should plan to attend the awards to get their checks, ribbons, and trophies.
Rabbits check in- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM at the Dairy Barn. Exhibitors will collect their pen cards from the youth board members and hang them on the selected pen. Each rabbit needs a pen card if penned in separate pens.
- The vet will check the rabbits on a walk through the barn. Any rabbit found unfit will be sent home. Please ensure all rabbits are lice and ear mite free before coming to the fair.
- All Breeding Rabbits should come in GATE 1, unload then move vehicles.
- All Pet Rabbits only come the day of the show and go home. They are judged on Monday at the end of the Rabbit Breeding show.
- All Rabbit Awards are given out at the Holzer Awards and Friday at 5:00 PM. All 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place winners should plan to attend the awards to get their checks, ribbons, and trophies.
Poultry Check in - 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM at the Dairy Barn. All chickens will need to have a blood test to be shown at the fair. Turkeys will need to have a Pullorum free certificate upon arrival. Any poultry that does not arrive in time to be tested will not be allowed to show!
- All Chickens should come in GATE 1 and unload, then move your vehicle.
- All Poultry Awards are given out at the Holzer Awards and Friday at 5:00 PM. All 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place winners should plan to attend the awards to get their checks, ribbons, and trophies.
Sheep Check in – 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM Sheep go directly to the Sheep Barn/stalls.
- All sheep must have a scrapie tag which will be checked as they cross the scales. The vet will do a health check as they cross the scales.
- There is no special line or check in time for sheep this year.
- All sheep should come in GATE 3 and out GATE 4.
- Saturday is the Lamb sale at 9:30 AM in the show arena.
Cattle projects (beef and dairy) should plan to arrive between 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM. They should go directly to their stall spaces.
- Cattle should come in GATE 1 and out GATE 4.
- Saturday at 10:30AM is the Market Beef Sale
Horse projects should plan to arrive by 8:00 PM and should come in through GATE 1, unload, and leave through GATE 4. Stall Sponsor signs should be on the stalls.
Tobacco check in is 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM at the Bill Gray Pavilion.
- Saturday at 12:00 PM is the Tobacco sale.
Field Crops check 1:00pm-4:00pm at the Activities Building. Check in with the Youth Board member and make sure your project cards get attached to your project for judging.
- Field Crops will be judged 11:00 AM on Monday at the Activities building.
- Field Crops receive Holzer Awards and 1st, 2nd, 3rd place winners in each category (Specialty Crops, Corn and Soybeans) should attend the awards to receive their checks, ribbons, and trophy. Overall Hay awards are sponsored by the Soil and Water Conservation District and awards are given at the Holzer awards on Friday at 5:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM Cloverbud Show-n-Tell will be at the Bill Gray Pavilion for all Cloverbuds who want to participate. They must register for that event on Fair Entry, if they have not done this, please have them call the Extension office so we can add them.
- Horse FUN activities will be going on throughout the week that the Cloverbud may want to watch or participate in. These are listed in the middle of the Fair book.
- Thursday 12:30 PM is the Kiwanis Youth Program for younger kids including Cloverbud age.
- Thursday 12:30-3:30 PM is the Free Casting Tournament for kids
- Thursday starting at 1:00 the library kids program will be going on at the Bill Gray Pavilion. This is for Cloverbud age kids and elementary ages.
- Thursday Cloverbud Graduation 6:00 PM at the Bill Gray Pavilion. If your Cloverbud has just finished the 2nd grade and will be going into 3rd grade next year they can GRADUATE from Cloverbuds! If they did not sign up in Fair Entry for this event, they need to call the Office ASAP and get on the list so we can make certificates and ribbons for them.
- Friday Kiddie Tractor Pull 5:00 at the Main Stage.
Friday at 5:00 Holzer Health System Awards - will be held at the Bill Gray Pavilion.
- ALL General Project Exhibitors including Hay, field crops (except tobacco), Small animal projects including pocket pets, cats, dogs, miniature goats, breeding rabbits, pet rabbit, poultry who won first, second or third should be present to accept their awards! Please be at this award show to thank your award sponsors and represent your club!
- We will be awarding prizes by club this year! All club’s award winners will be called up and they will receive all their awards at one time. Plan to wear 4-H club t-shirts if you have them! Let’s show our club spirt this year with a large turn out!
Activity Building Project Removal - the activity building will be opened to remove projects AFTER the Holzer Awards on Friday of fair. All projects must be removed by Saturday at noon. The building will be open Saturday from 9:00 am until noon and after that the 4-H side will NOT be staffed.